Cisco Technical Leader in Stockholms, Sweden
Location: Stockholms, Sweden
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Cloud and Data Center, Software Development, Testing
Job Id 1233146
What You'll Do
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled senior software engineer to be a part of the core engineering team within Cisco Tail-f engineering. The team is responsible for the development of our products, written mostly in Erlang, with parts in C:
• NSO: industry-leading software for automating services across traditional and virtualized networks.
• ConfD: a powerful management agent software framework for network elements, driving the industry adoption of NETCONF and YANG Network Configuration Protocol and data structure.
As a member of this dynamic team, you will be expected to have good technical knowledge and to work both independently and within the team to solve complex tasks, implementing and troubleshooting in our core Erlang platform. You will be responsible for delivering high quality code that is both tested and testable.
• If interest exists, opportunity to give talks, presentations, and workshops.
• Visit customer premises
The team, coming from Cisco's acquisition of Tail-f, consists of very experienced and passionate engineers with long backgrounds within computer science and functional programming.
• Master’s degree in Computer Science or the equivalent
• 5 years experience in Erlang or functional programming on a product or system in production
• Preferably also experience from non-functional programming paradigms
• Be comfortable around Makefiles, shell scripts, Python, C
• Comfortable working in a GNU/Linux environment
• Experience with embedded systems
• Experience with databases and distributed databases
• Experience with network engineering
• Compiler and programming language knowledge and implementation experience
• NETCONF, RESTCONF, YANG
The applicant should be able to work and communicate in English. Swedish is a plus but not required.
• Research and development of cutting edge network automation technologies
• Open and relaxed company culture
• Legendary and experienced Erlang hackers as colleagues
• Many end users of your code
• Huge global growth potential
• Global customers and partners
• New modern office in central Stockholm
• Small cozy office in central Skellefteå
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.