Cisco Business Operations Manager (Toronto) in Toronto, Ontario
Business Operations Manager (Toronto)
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Area of Interest Business Strategy and Operations
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1214430
What You’ll Do
· Drive best in class operational performance for Strategy, Planning & Operations through a number of key operational areas including framework and governance to consolidate information flow, governance and ownership of cadence for business and financial results and KPIs.
· Represent the team acting as central point driving with other groups to ensure the specific needs are addressed in areas like analytics or communications.
· Develop strong, productive relationships locally, regionally and globally to increase team effectiveness and achieve business goals
· Interlock with other groups in Cisco; drive effective execution and collaboration across Cisco’s matrixed organization
· Represent the Canada region in local and global forums, giving key input in discussions on the perspective of the region across a range of topics
Who You'll Work With
Canada Sales is a team of world-class experts whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through outstanding financial results, increasing customer satisfaction metrics, industry recognition, and employee satisfaction scores.
The Strategy, Planning & Operations team drives best in class operational performance supporting the growth of the business in Canada. To do this we focus on a number of different areas: Strategy and Planning, Portfolio and Project Management, Communications, Business Partnership and Business Performance and Operations including Business Intelligence, Quality, Deal and Pipeline Management and more.
Who You Are
· Minimum 5 years experience in an operations role with a thorough understanding of elements such as Governance, Business Intelligence, Finance, Quality, Project Management.
· Previously experience supporting a sales organization
· Experience working with senior leadership teams
· University degree or equivalent
· Good financial and business acumen
· Good communication skills to inform and influence the leadership team
· Ability to assess data and information and make timely, effective decisions with consideration for both the long and short term business needs
· Proven track record of designing and implementing world class quality processes, realizing productivity and efficiency through streamlined processes
· Ability to build productive peer and stakeholder relationships
· Proven track record in delivering results
· Proven strong leadership skills
· Organized and structured
· Responsive and agile working style
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.