Cisco Systems Engineer - Data Platform at Cloud Security in Vancouver, British Columbia
Systems Engineer - Data Platform at Cloud Security
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Cloud and Data Center, Security, Software Development, Testing
Job Id 1228289
The Business Entity
OpenDNS, now part of Cisco, is an Internet security company that’s transforming the way IT departments secure their networks, and more importantly, their users. In 2012 OpenDNS launched Umbrella, a new line of cloud-delivered Internet security services that, for the first time ever, allow IT departments to extend security off the network and actually protect users wherever they roam. OpenDNS built Umbrella on top of our rock-solid foundation: the world’s most loved and trusted DNS service that’s used today used by 50 million people around the world.
This Data Platform team is responsible for the architecture, development, and implementation of the infrastructure used by our Data Platform. We build systems that process terabytes of data generated from billions of events every day, and we present it via unique reports and analysis tools.
● Experience building and running a high-transactional, 24x7 production environment
● Strong familiarity with systems engineering, grid/cluster computing and programming theory
● Excellent knowledge and experience with object-oriented programming
● Experience working with client/server side frameworks and platforms
● Experience with Linux configuration and tuning
● Experience with Nagios and Puppet
● Experience with Shell, Perl, Python, Java
● Experience with Hadoop, or other Big Data Technologies
● Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.