Cisco ASEAN/ ANZ Benefits Specialist in Singapore
ASEAN/ ANZ Benefits Specialist
Area of Interest Human Resources
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1224757
What You'll do
· Partnership with internal stakeholder to develop and maintain benefit service excellence.
· Deliver high value services across the employee hire to retire lifecycle, from benefit enrollment to termination.
· Strategically benefit vendor management including SOW, SLA establishment, payment process management.
· Maximize the value of benefit delivery through providing expertise support for benefit program delivery, global new benefit policy communication and implementation. Truly bring Cisco’s people deal to life
· Manage high profile benefits escalations, assess root cause, implement solutions to reduce escalations and improve processes.
· Adherence to Compliance/local regulations.
· Manage Benefit metrics, take ownership to identify gap and develop action plan.
· Provide an exceptional experience through innovation, simplification, and digitization.
Who you'll work with
Cisco are changing Biz approach to the way we deliver HR Service across APJC.
The APJC benefit team will form part of a global Cisco umbrella organization called the Employee Services, the mission of Employee Services is to lift both employee productivity and experience to differentiate Cisco as an employer of choice and a great place to work.
APJC Benefit Team focus on optimizing delivery and driving productivity/Experience for employees and Stakeholders in alignment with Cisco’s People deal and allow them to focus on their core priorities. Prioritizing Employees Health and Wellness while adherence to Compliance/local regulations.
We deliver high value services across the employee Hire to Retire lifecycle. Aim to make Cisco #1 for our employees and customers.
Who you are
· 3-8 years Benefits experience required
· Strong capability of interpersonal skills, stakeholder management and influencing abilities.
· Much experienced in project management, and cross-function collaboration.
· Thrive in an environment with an agenda for change, growth, and innovation. Can demonstrate the ability to operate continually at an up-tempo pace in a dynamic, fast moving culture
· Excellent written and verbal communications
· Knowledge of HR business, benefit policy and local regulation.
· Able to discern, organize, and convey complex problems and solutions
· Can do attitude.
· Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We are Cisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.