Cisco Systems Engineer: CloudSecurity Infrastructure in Waltham, Massachusetts
Systems Engineer: CloudSecurity Infrastructure
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Cloud and Data Center, Security, Software Development, Testing
Job Id 1227456
Cloudlock was launched in 2011 with one simple goal in mind: to transform cloud security into a business enabler. From that initial goal, we’ve built out a unified cloud security platform that helps organizations protect their sensitive data in public cloud applications such as Google’s G Suite, Salesforce, Dropbox, Box, ServiceNow, and many others. After being acquired by Cisco in August 2016, Cloudlock now is part of the Cisco Cloud Security Business Unit, and remains a cohesive team that is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts, with remote offices in London and Israel. The cloud is our passion and cloud security is our mission. Cisco is one of the largest security companies in the world, with solutions ranging from Next-Generation Firewalls to Advanced Malware Protection and DNS-layer security. As part of Cisco, the opportunities here are endless as we continue to redefine cloud security.
We're at the intersection of two very hot high tech sectors, Cloud and Security. If you're as excited as we are about helping to shape the future of both, come join us!
As a Systems Engineer, you will directly contribute to the integrity, stability and success of our SaaS security solution. Come join our fun, dynamic team for this very cool opportunity.
● Tackle systems integration projects for monitoring, alerting, logging, scaling, and securing our cloud environments.
● Build and deploy immutable infrastructure and components.
● Assist with resolving systems-level problems encountered in production or during releases.
● Improve the DevOps feedback cycle by using production incidents to drive better automation, documentation, and monitoring that will reduce drag on staff efficiency.
● Support secure environment access by maintaining certificates, keys, and user and group security configuration.
● Provide high quality documentation and operations SOPs for new or existing system artifacts that can be used to share skills and facilitate better planning for our technical teams.
● Work as part of a highly skilled team using Agile methodologies to deliver and maintain high quality, efficient and scalable components and features.
● Keep up with industry best practices, trends, and standards on environment security, networking, automation, and maintenance tooling.
● At least 5 years of operations experience necessary, preferably with a SaaS product.
● At least 2 years of hands-on expertise with AWS necessary.
● Substantial Python application development experience would be a big plus.
● Extensive experience with writing Bash scripts and Ansible playbooks necessary.
● Experience with Terraform, Packer highly desirable.
● Very solid networking and security experience required, including routing, firewalls, DHCP, DNS, Route53, IP4 and IP6, VPN, SSH protocols and keys, tunnelling, SSL certificates.
● Hands-on experience required with some selection from Tenable Nessus, Trend Micro DSM, FreeRadius, Cisco ASAv, Splunk, Zabbix, Nagios, Librato, CollectD, StatsD, Grafana, AWS CloudWatch, AWS IAM, PostgreSQL, NGINX, Jenkins, RabbitMQ.
● Experience with large-scale infrastructure automation, particularly infrastructure-as-code approaches, desirable.
● At least 1 year of experience preferred with Agile approaches like Scrum, Kanban, or Lean.
● Experience with regulated or process-oriented work environments (e.g. FedRAMP, FDA, PCI, HIPAA, CMM, ISO 9001) would be a big plus.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.