Cisco 1228536 Route Switch Consulting Engineer in Washington DC, United States
1228536 Route Switch Consulting Engineer
Location: Washington DC, US
Area of Interest Information Technology
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1228536
CANDIDATES MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND HOLD A CURRENT TOP SECRET CI U.S. GOVERNMENT SECURITY CLEARANCE AT A MINIMUM TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. FULL SCOPE POLY PREFERRED
What You'll Do
The Network Consulting Engineer position is responsible for the support and delivery of Advanced Services Network Optimization, Security, and/or Unified Collaboration services to Cisco's Tier 1 Customers in the US Public Sector market. Performs and drives architectural, design and integration engineering for complex network infrastructure solutions. Advanced Service NCEs assist customers with tool selection and strategic direction of tools and network management systems. NCEs identify and document network design and architecture best practices. Advanced Services NCEs align and drive focused work with customer's business strategy and objectives. On a quarterly basis, NCEs are expected to present overall status of projects and delivery as part of the Quarterly Business Review. NCEs will provide backup support on other Advanced Services accounts. Engineers will demonstrate and generate applicable technical, standard methodologies, and white papers. In addition to an NCEs day-to-day customer activities, training and mentoring other NCEs will be required. NCEs lead the responsibility for driving regional Advanced Services projects and customer based project initiatives. NCEs will actively lead complex network, security, and collaboration design, performance engineering or problem resolution projects. NCEs solve complex, multi-functional technical issues that cross boundaries over many disparate products technologies.
Who You'll Work with
The Public Sector Advanced Services involves helping to craft the customer's vision
for their network and maintain a secure, state of the art environment that is second to none in
terms of network up time and reliability. The qualified engineer in this account will be able to
have an impact on this Federal Government customer and help them transform to meet their mission.
National Security Organization is a team of leaders where we provide the leading solutions and architectures to customers - along with cutting edge consulting to insure customer success. Our members work cross-functionally and together to deliver business outcomes to our customers, along with the resources to insure personal and professional growth.
Who You Are
Our minimum qualifications are the following:
· 5-7 years relevant experience in route switch engineering
· Ability to analyze networking services requirements
· In-depth knowledge of designing and implementing complex network solutions
· Expertise with Cisco software features and functionality
· Comprehensive understanding of all IP protocols
· Ability to conduct training and one to one mentoring concerning Route and Switch technology
· CCIE Routing and Switching preferred or equivalent skills
· Must be able to travel 25%
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture
geek? Many of us are. Be you,
with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.